Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Motivation

I was thinking back over the past weekend. Then I read this article which got me to thinking back even further. Motivation is often driven by something that is going to take place. Father's Day is coming. The whole family is coming over. Is the floor clean enough for crawling grandchildren? Are little things put away that are choking hazards or that I don't want eaten? Should I dust? You know the feeling, well maybe some of you do. I had never thought of motivation as a spiritual experience. I just thought I did some things out of last minute panic or lack of planning, maybe both. Then I came across this article. God Created Company so the House Would Get Clean: Musings on Motivation It made me realize that there is more to motivation that just company coming over to your house. There is a spiritual base as well. Many times I seem to overlook the spiritual side of the most obvious of things. I hope you enjoy the article. Click on the title of the article above and it will take you to it.